Windows, embedded into the surface of the roof used in attics, which are converted under the premises for housing, called the attic. Such windows are produced in different sizes and dimensions are suitable for a variety of tilt angles of the roof and for a typical distance between the rafters.
Skylights can be easily mounted on almost all types of pitched and flat roofs with a slope of 20-90 degrees.
The windows in the attic are able to pass twice as much light than conventional window. The height of the roof window depends on whether the angle of inclination of the roof: the larger the angle - the smaller window. Allowable width is the distance between the rafters.
The windows in the roof must have certain parameters: sound and heat insulation, air tightness during the passage of heavy rains and prevent the penetration of air inside the room with the windows closed.
It is important and right glazed roof windows, as double glazing must withstand hail impact load or severity of lying snow, or not to let melt or rain water running down the roof. The wire reinforcement outer foil in the pane of glass or tempered glass installed.
Types of roof windows.
1. Swivel the window. This type of window is the most common. Hinged window flap opens when turning around a vertical axis. The horizontal axis of the window located in the leaf or a little higher, which allows you to open the window does not form a protrusion into the room.
Rotary windows allow full use of the free area under the window, and the turnover of the sash 180 degrees to simplify cleaning the outside of the glass.
This type of window is set so that the head man was standing at the level of the axis of rotation of the leaf. Opened window when turning the handles, which are mainly in the lower part of the frame. The valves are equipped with springs and drives, prevent unplanned closing the window.
2. Tilt & Turn windows. The windows of the attic of this type can be opened in two ways: you can open the flap on top, but you can with the help of levers to lift the lower edge of the leaf, wrapping it around the axis of the upper edge.
3. Pan-sliding window: when you open the flap is lifted and pushed aside.
4. Swing window is divided into left and right side. Most of these are used as windows and hatches are equipped with a locking system that prevents accidental closing of the window.
5. The fixed "deaf" window used to enter the light in an attic or loft.
6. pediment windows installed vertically arranged at gables and dormer window to join
Pediment collar. These windows offer a broad overview of neighborhoods and improve lighting Roofing premises. Pediment windows have a system of bollards that prevent open completely.
As accessories used for roof windows blinds, roller blinds and shutters, as well as external awnings and anti-theft devices.